- Free Trial
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Sep 13, 2012
- [+] More Details
Kestrel GX Review
A review of Kestrel GX by Sven Sørensen
Kestrel GX helps professionals to manage their photo collection. This application provides extensive search capabilities on the photos which have been added to the software to be cataloged. Also included with this sweet application is an image converter along with a basic photo editor.
The program is aimed at professional and advanced amateur photographers. The Image Manager filters the photos on the exposure time, aperture, focal length and other metadata. Kestrel GX grabs the information from image files stored in EXIF and IPTC data. The metadata can be edited by the photographer in Kestrel GX and can also export the information as text files.
The integrated editor allows all photographs to be adjusted as required: sharpness, contrast and brightness, or adding a watermark are all a breeze. A format converter can process multiple photos at once and convert them into destination formats. Alternatively, it can also save the images as PDF files.
Kestrel GX contains powerful tools and an excellent search engine for professionals. The editor isn't a replacement for a program like Adobe Photoshop, but does perform basic editing tasks.
Kestrel GX is software which can view EXIF data.Kestrel GX features and highlights:
- Convert your images to several other formats like BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, PNG, PSD, TGA and TIFF
- Create photo books (PDF) and share them with your friends
- Build your own watermark templates with text and images
- Perform several batch operations like resize, rotate, flip, rename, watermark
- Print your photos using built-in templates or get creative and create your own ones
- Can read exif,iptc and gps information from your photos
- The built-in exif and iptc editor will enable you to edit exif and iptc information from your photos
- Supports the use of multiple databases.
- View slideshow of your photos with more than 160 special effects
Kestrel GX is licensed as Shareware for the Windows operating system / platform from image viewer software and can be used as a free trial until the trial period ends (after 20 executions). The Kestrel GX 1.3.0 demo is available to all software users as a free download with potential restrictions and is not necessarily the download of the full version.
This Digital Photo Editor software is filed under:
- Kestrel GX Download
- Software Reviews
- Major release: Kestrel GX 1.3
- Free Software Download
Compatibility with this Digital Photo Editor software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of Kestrel GX may be available from Cerieus.
We have tested Kestrel GX 1.3.0 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]